ATLANTIS is committed to ensuring that your personal data and data privacy are protected in accordance with the best practices available, as well as according to ATLANTIS’ relevant legal obligations. This Policy explains your rights regarding the personal data ATLANTIS collects and processes.
By using this website, you agree on the collection, the use and the disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Your personal data will be collected and stored lawfully, fairly and transparently by ATLANTIS. In processing your data, we act in good faith, in a proportionate manner, and with the appropriate technical and organizational measures.
The collection, processing and use of personal data may be carried out, in the course of ATLANTIS’ business and supply of services, by external data processors on behalf of ATLANTIS. ATLANTIS requires, within the framework of its contracts with such external processors, for them to comply with relevant legal data protection rules and legislation applicable to the services they provide to ATLANTIS.
Important note: please refrain from logging in and making use of the Websites, Personal Area and Apps, or otherwise providing ATLANTIS with your personal data, if you do not consent to the collection, use, processing and disclosure of this data as set forth below. You may indicate your consent to this Policy, by clicking “I agree” on the button that appears at the bottom of the Policy.
What information we collect
On our website, the information collected will depend on which of our services you utilize. Most of our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some of them may require you to provide us with personal information. In these situations, on our websites and in the online systems, we collect only those necessary information about name, company, postal address, email address, other contact information, IP addresses, information about your browser, operating system and movements and behavior on our websites and online systems and other personal data relevant and necessary for the use of the services
We collect and process personal data for the following purposes and based on our legitimate interest and/or for fulfilment of a contract as applicable:
- Provision of ATLANTIS services and products according to agreed terms
- To accommodate your requests and inquiries for services or information
- Provision of newsletters or notifications, including press releases, offered by ATLANTIS
- The purposes listed in the below cookie section
- General enquiries with regards to our crew and shipping management services
- General enquiries from suppliers, partners, sponsorships, media and other interests, and
- Standard statistical information on user website activity for analytical purposes to help enhance content and the overall user experience on this website.
Uses made of the information
We use the information about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to process your requests and inquiries
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or telephone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will not sell, share, transfer or use the information we collect through this website for other purposes than the above stated.
How we collect your personal information
The information will be collected and stored in good faith, in a proportionate manner, for the purposes above indicated and with the appropriate technical and organizational measures in line with the state of art, the risks represented by the processing and the nature of the data protected.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- – “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- – “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- – “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make an account through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Account Information.”
Additionally, when you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect certain information from you, including your name and email. We refer to this information as “Newsletter Information”. When you choose to unsubscribe from our newsletter your respective information will be automatically deleted from our system.
Additionally, when you submit an E-mail form, we collect certain information from you, including your name, address, country, email and phone. We refer to this information as “E-mail Form Information.” Your respective information will be retained in our system for a period of 2 years.
Additionally, when you submit a Service Evaluation Survey, we collect certain information from you, including your name, company name, position, email and phone. We refer to this information as “Service Evaluation Survey Information”. Your respective information will be retained in our system for a period of 2 years.
Disclosure of the information
We may also disclose your information to a third party if we are required to do so because of an applicable law, court order or governmental regulation, or if such disclosure is otherwise necessary in support any criminal or legal investigation or proceeding.
Security and safety of data and its storage
Personal data will not be disclosed to anyone outside the company unless permitted or required under applicable legislation. We delete or anonymize your personal data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected and subsequently processed. If you have submitted personal data to us, e.g. when registering for a newsletter or a service, you enjoy certain rights to gain access to the data processed about you according to applicable regulations. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and to rectify the data processed if relevant. If you wish to exercise your right to access your personal data, to object to it being processed or to rectify processed data, please contact.
With regards to the security and safety of data and its storage, ATLANTIS assures:
- To take appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
- It will be processed lawfully with your consent for the specific purpose it is required and will not be kept for longer than is legally necessary. We will only process any special category of personal information relating to you for legal, personnel, administrative and management purposes and to enable us to meet our legal obligations as a maritime employer and crew and ship manager.
- It will put in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction or erasure. Personal data will only be transferred to a data processor if they agree to comply with those procedures and policies, or if they put in place adequate measures themselves.
- It will maintain data security by protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal data.
Cookies Terms and Conditions
The information is used to track visitor use of the website to compile statistical report on the website activity. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site. Please note that in a few cases some of our website features may not function if you remove the cookies from your browser.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer.
- First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is 'first' or 'third' party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time. Third-party cookies: are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the site being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that site this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to delete and block our cookies
Can I withdraw my consent?
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you will need to delete your cookies using your internet browser settings.
For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2.
How to turn cookies off
Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser
What cookies do we use and why?
To find out about specific cookies we use on this site, please see below for details. The cookies used on our site are categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary
'Strictly necessary' cookies let you move around the site and use essential features like accessing your profile and posting feedback. Without these cookies, these services cannot be provided. Please note that these cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
We use these strictly necessary cookies to:
- identify you as being logged in to our site; and
- enable you to submit information via online forms such as registration and feedback forms.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the site, so if you prevent these cookies we can't guarantee your use of our site or how the security on our site will perform during your visit.
'Performance' cookies collect information about how you use our site e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and is only used to help us improve how our site works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our content is.
We use Web Analytics performance cookies to provide anonymous statistics on how our site is used.